Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sunday Lunch

The other weekend I had four of my girlfriends around for Sunday Lunch. Having just come back from holidaying in the UK and Europe, I love the idea of a good old fashioned Sunday Lunch. I loved how particularly in England and Ireland, on any given Sunday you can sit down for a lovely Sunday lunch at a pub, restuarant or with family and friends. Sometimes my mum roasts lamb on Sundays when we are all home and I love it, particularly if you can enjoy pudding or ice cream afterwards!

For my lunch since it has started to get a little warmer in Sydney, I tried to keep things lighter and to bring a few Spring tastes to the table. The girls and I enjoyed;

- Pear, walnut and haloumi salad
- Spring Roast Lamb
- Garlic layered potatoes
- Green beans & brocolli tossed with olive oil and lemon juice
- Strawberry & mascarpone tart

My favourite part of the meal was definitely the Strawberry & Mascarpone tart. The beautiful pastry, the creamy mascarpone and cream, topped with honey glazed strawberries was just devine!!! This tart was one of Rachel Allen's and I will definitely be making this again.





1 comment:

  1. Your strawberry tart is gorgeous. I will have to google it for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete